Frequently Asked Questions
What services do you provide?
- The services we provide involve everything that pertains to the wedding ceremony including minister services, photography and videography services, limousine transportation, planning assistance and consultation, flower arrangements, chairs for guests, ceremony music, the marriage license (for California only), and permit acquisition for the various wedding venues we offer.
Can you coordinate our reception?
- We don’t assist in the planning of receptions, but we can provide you with plenty of referrals. Visit our wedding planning resources page on our website for a list of reception facilities in the South Lake Tahoe area.
Can you send me details about your wedding packages and prices along with any information regarding the wedding locations you have available?
- Our website contains detailed information about what each of our wedding packages contain in addition to pricing information. Our site also provides precise descriptions of the various wedding locations we have available. Optionally, you can fill out our information request form or call us directly for more information.
Booking Your Wedding
How do I go about booking my wedding and what information do you need from me?
- Booking your wedding with us is quite simple and can be done over the phone. All you’ll need to provide at the time of booking is some personal information such as your name, the name of your future spouse, phone contact, and so forth. Also, you’ll provide us with the details of your wedding including the date you’ve selected to be married on, the wedding package preferred, choice of location, number of guests, and the like. Alternatively, you can book your wedding online by using our information request form.
How far in advance do I need to book my wedding?
- There is no steadfast rule on how far in advance you should book your wedding, mainly because it can vary depending on the location you’ve chosen and the time of year you want to get married. For our more popular locations in the summertime, it is recommended to book at least six months in advance to assure that you will acquire your specific date and time, most particularly if you plan to get married on a weekend. During the off-season, we can usually make arrangements with a day’s notice.
We just decided to get married this coming weekend and was wondering if you can schedule a last minute wedding?
- Yes, we can arrange for any wedding services you need on the spur of the moment, regardless of the time of year, provided the necessary resources are available.
I’m interested in booking a specific venue that you have listed, and although it states that only small groups of up to 20 people are allowed to attend the wedding, am I able to book the site if I pay more money even though my total group size will exceed that maximum number?
- Unfortunately, whenever it’s indicated that there is a maximum number of people allowed at a specific venue, that number cannot be exceeded, even if willing to pay a higher price.
Why can’t I book a larger group at certain ceremony sites where they limit guest attendance?
- Certain managerial agencies provide guidelines for particular ceremony sites that they govern, and these guidelines often include limitations on the number of people that may attend the event at a given location. A primary reason for these limitations is because these specific sites are largely open to the general public and typically not feasible for larger parties. Those who conduct weddings at these particular locations must observe the rules set forth by these land managing organizations. Fortunately, limits on group size apply only to a few specific venues that we offer.
What is the deposit amount if I want to book my wedding with you?
- If you’ve chosen one of our simple wedding packages, a $175 deposit is all that is necessary to reserve a date, but with our more elaborate packages, a larger deposit will be required.
What are the requirements for getting a California marriage license?
- The requirements for a California marriage license entail that both the bride and groom be at least 18 years of age and be able to present a valid pictured ID such as a driver’s license, state issued identification card, military ID, or a passport. Additionally, if a divorce has taken place within 90 days of procuring the license, you must bring your final divorce decree.
If I live in another state, will I need a marriage license from that state?
- No, the marriage license needs to be issued by the state you are going to be married in.
How do I obtain a marriage license?
- Our ministers will provide a California marriage license for you on the day of the wedding, unless you’ve chosen a Nevada ceremony venue. If this is the case, the local county clerk in Nevada will have to issue the license.
What if I already have my marriage license?
- You may use the California or Nevada marriage license you’ve purchased from the county clerk as long as it has not expired, which is 90 days from the date of issuance for a California marriage license and one year for Nevada.
Is it necessary for me to obtain a blood test before I’m issued a marriage license?
- It is not required to have a blood test in order to get married in California or Nevada.
The Wedding Day
I’ve never been married before and I’m not sure what to do once I arrive to the ceremony venue, so will someone be there to help me?
- Our ministers have decades of experience in conducting weddings of all types and they always arrive early at the ceremony site to instruct you and your wedding party on how to proceed. You can also have a phone consultation with the minister or one of our staff members prior to your wedding day.
What do I need to bring to the wedding site on my wedding day?
- Both the bride and groom must bring their current pictured ID to the ceremony venue. Acceptable identification, for example, is a state issued driver’s license or passport.
How long does the ceremony last?
- Plan on the entire event lasting about one hour. It depends on a few different factors, but generally the ceremony itself lasts about 15 minutes and the photography afterwards usually takes from 30 to 45 minutes.
Bad Weather Conditions
What happens if bad weather occurs on my wedding day?
- There are local indoor chapels that we can use during times of inclement weather. However, depending on how severe the weather conditions are and if the wedding venue remains accessible, if the bride and groom still desire to have an outdoor wedding, we’ll proceed as planned. It’s your special day, so you call the shots!
Do I have to pay additional costs if my wedding has to be moved indoors due to inclement weather conditions?
- Depending on which chapel is available, cost for the indoor venue will vary, but under most circumstances you will not pay more than $150 additional.
Where are the chapels located that are used during bad weather?
- The chapels we use when the weather won’t allow us to perform the wedding outdoors are all situated in the general vicinity of the main part of town.
How much is the deposit to reserve my wedding date?
- For our simple wedding packages, a minimum deposit of $175 is required to reserve a date. However, a more involved package will have a higher deposit.
When is the remaining balance of our selected wedding package due?
- Generally, we like to have the balance paid at least 30 days prior to the date of the event.
Cancellations and Refunds
Is my deposit refundable if I cancel my wedding plans?
- Yes, we do grant refunds of deposits and balances that you have paid (with the exception of a $175 administrative fee) if we are notified of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the event. However, if you’ve chosen a wedding location that necessitates a permit for its use or a facility that requires an advanced payment to secure a specific date and we used the deposit to purchase the permit or secure the date on your behalf, the refund policy of the secured facility or the permit provider will apply, taking precedence over ours, and their policy may specify that all money paid to them is nonrefundable. Review our terms and conditions for more details as other prevailing factors may affect refunds.
Photography and Wedding Photos
Can I bring my own photographer?
- Yes, you can have your own photographer at the wedding site. In fact, you can customize a package to your liking, with or without our photographer.
Does the photographer that’s included with the wedding package we selected photograph the ceremony only?
- Our photographers will shoot the entire event, which includes candid pre-ceremony shots of the bridal party and guests upon their arrival to the ceremony site, the actual ceremony, various combinations of formal shots of the bride and groom with the wedding party and guests after the ceremony, and intimate shots of just the bride and groom.
When will I receive my wedding photos?
- Your wedding photos will typically be available for pickup or delivery within one to two weeks after your wedding date.
How will I be able to get my wedding photos if I live out of town?
- Your wedding photos are usually mailed to an address you provide us with via USPS within one to two weeks after the event takes place, unless other arrangements are made.
Are my wedding photos going to be prints?
- You will receive all of your wedding photos in the form of a CD-ROM, which will allow you to create prints yourself.
How many pictures will I receive?
- Much of the time, the amount of photos you’ll receive depends on the size of your wedding party and the amount of guests attending your wedding. As a general rule, we guarantee a minimum of 60 unique photographs, but often brides and grooms receive up to 100 photos, and even more with larger parties.
Will we receive all of the photos taken during my wedding or will I have to pay an additional fee?
- You will receive all of the photographs taken of the day without having to pay anything extra, less those that are eliminated during the editing process.
Does the photographer place copyrights on the photos he’s taken or can I make additional prints without having to pay for the copyrights?
- We never place copyrights on our work, so you can reprint any of the photos on the photo disk we provide to you without having to pay any additional costs.